Master of Science in Technical Communication Degree Program
Admission to the Program
The Admissions Committee will consider several factors when determining admission eligibility into the Master of Science in Technical Communication program, including the candidate’s:
- Experience and interest in the field
- Proven academic ability
- Demonstration of skills necessary to complete the program successfully
- Ability to contribute to the fields of professional writing or technical communication
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university.
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 in prior undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Proficiency in English (if a graduate of a university in which English is not the native language) provided by an adequate TOEFL. Preferred TOEFL scores are as follows:
- internet-based score of 86
- computer-based score of 250
- paper-based score of 600
Applicants who do not meet the full requirements above may be given conditional admission to the program if their other application materials provide good evidence that they will be successful in the program.
The Program Director may approve up to 6 hours of coursework to be transferred into the program from another institution.ursework to be transferred into the program from another institution. Students must have earned a grade of B or above in a course to qualify for transfer credit. Fill out
transfer credit request form (pdf).