As a result of recent events the CHSS Advising Center will not be seeing student face to face. For advising assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 713-221-8460.
We are here to support you to our fullest extent by offering virtual or phone appointments. Follow the links below to schedule your appointment.
Schedule an Appointment
Guide to schedule an appointment (pdf)
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences Advising Center’s mission is to help students understand the requirements and steps to take to earn a bachelor’s degree in humanities or social sciences.
The CHSS Advising Center provides services that engage, inform, and educate our students towards reaching their academic goals. CHSS advisors assist in recruitment, retention, and graduation initiatives that create strong academic and career readiness.
We encourage our students to meet with your Academic Advisor 1-2 times a semester to ensure you are path towards your graduation goal.
Advising is more than course selection we are to provide support in the following areas:
- Career Readiness
- Academic Support
- Post baccalaureate plans
- Graduation Planning
Virtual appointment (30mins): A virtual appointment consists of an advisor and student advising session that utilizes our ZOOM software. There is no need to download any software and the following will take place if you schedule under virtual:
- You must have access to a computer.
- A secure link will be emailed to your GATORMAIL directly from CHSS Advising that will allow you to access your appointment at your scheduled time.
Benefits of virtual appointment –
- See your advisor!
- Your advisor is able to share screens with you and review in more detail your degree audit report.
- Questions/concerns can be addressed in a quicker manner.
- Less room for miscommunication
Phone appointment (30mins): A phone appointment consists of an advisor and student advising session that is conducted via phone. The following are directions for a phone appointment:
- Must have a working and clear phone line
- Student is responsible for calling the advisor at their scheduled time.
Benefits of phone appointment –
- Convenient for quick advising.
- No computer needed.