The College of Humanities and Social Sciences Advising Center’s mission is to help students understand the requirements and steps to take to earn a bachelor’s degree in humanities or social sciences.
The CHSS Advising Center provides services that engage, inform, and educate our students towards reaching their academic goals. CHSS advisors assist in recruitment, retention, and graduation initiatives that create strong academic and career readiness.
Virtual vs Phone Appointment
Virtual appointment (30mins): A virtual appointment consists of an advisor and student advising session that utilizes our ZOOM software. There is no need to download any software and the following will take place if you schedule under virtual:
- You must have access to a computer.
- A secure link will be emailed to your GATORMAIL directly from CHSS Advising that will allow you to access your appointment at your scheduled time.
Benefits of virtual appointment –
- See your advisor!
- Your advisor is able to share screens with you and review in more detail your degree audit report.
- Questions/concerns can be addressed in a quicker manner.
- Less room for miscommunication
Phone appointment (30mins): A phone appointment consists of an advisor and student advising session that is conducted via phone. The following are directions for a phone appointment:
Must have a working and clear phone line
- Student is responsible for calling the advisor at their scheduled time.
Benefits of phone appointment –
- Convenient for quick advising.
- No computer needed.