Skip to main content

​CHSS Advising Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I change my major? How long does it take?

To begin the process of changing your major a student must 1) meet with their advisor 2) fill out the ‘Change of Major’ form in myUHD. If approved the change of major will reflect on the student’s record after the close of the current semester.

How do I declare a minor?
For CHSS majors you can visit with your advisor or fill out the ‘Declare a Minor’ from. For all other majors you must declare a minor with you designated college advisor.

How do I register for an Internship/ Special Project/ Portfolio course?
Please contact the Degree Coordinator for steps on the registration process/ holds for these courses.

 I am unable to register online. Why?
There are a few reasons why you may be unable to register online.
  • Holds: The parking, cashier, and financial aid offices can place account holds. Please visit the appropriate office the resolve your hold before registering.
  • Registration time frames: Registration is open during set times, based on student status. Double-check the registration schedule to ensure it is your turn to register.
  • Academic probation: Students with a GPA below 2.0 are required to get approval from the department chair prior to registration.
  • To make an appointment, call 713-222-5316 or email assistant Dean Crystal Guillory at

How do I make an appointment with an advisor?
Call 713-221-8460 to make an appointment, or schedule an appointment online.
Walk-in advising is available on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Last updated 4/6/2022 10:17 AM