Around campus, there are blue bins for recycling. Please only place recyclable materials in these containers. If there is trash in them, they cannot be recycled. Watch for a university-wide campaign for recycling soon!
Reduce Your Use/Use Reusable Materials
- Bring your own water bottle and refill it at one of the many water bottle filling locations on campus.
- Bring your own reusable utensils for lunch
- Print on both sides of paper
- Take the steps instead of the elevator
- Go paperless where possible (purchase e-books, take notes electronically, keep digital copies of syllabi, etc).
- Carpool or use other green commuting options to travel to UHD such as BCycle
At the Store
- Buy items with less packaging
- Buy local foods as they use less fuel to get to you
- Don’t buy bottled water
- Buy second-hand clothes
- Stop idling, if parked or stuck in gridlock traffic, turn off your car
- Accelerate gently and reduce your speed to save gas
- Consider taking a train or bus which use less fuel than flying, particularly for shorter trips
- Bring your own reusable shopping bags
Sustainability Challenges to Consider
Project 333: Fashion Challenge that invites you to dress with 33 items of less for 3 months.