Our Project Management Foundation Certification program is perfect for new project managers, project management professionals without a PMP® credential, or professionals searching for a solid and practical introduction to the project management body of knowledge.
In this 5 day intensive course, you will learn the project management methodology and standards required to manage projects successfully.
- Complete 40 hours of instruction in Project Management Methodology and earn 40 PDUs
- Use PM methodology to organize and plan a project standards
- Create a work breakdown structure
- Learn and use Project Management techniques to manage project schedules, budgets, quality and teams.
- Work in teams during the course to emulate project teams in real world scenarios.
- Use PM standards to monitor and control project execution
This comprehensive program's curriculum is based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) 6th Edition.
Here are the course topics covered in the course:
- What is Project Management?
- Overview of PMI, PMBOK Guide, PMP Credential
- Creating a Project Charter and Stakeholder Analysis
- The triple constraint – Scope, Time, and Cost
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Cost estimation and budgeting
- Developing project schedules
- Human Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Communication Management
- The stages of team development
- Project Management Leadership
- Quality Assurance
- Monitoring the Project
- Earned Value Management
- Contract closing
- The three types of project management reports
- Project Archiving
Walter Viali (PMP®)
Walter Viali is an Information Technology Management Consultant and certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) with a varied background in all areas of Information Technology, including domestic and international assignments.
Walter is also Principal Consultant and co-founder of PMO To Go, LLC, which focuses on process and project management assessments, and project management office (PMO) consulting (assessment, establishment, portfolio management, training and staffing). He is responsible for business development, project management and PMO consulting, as well as delivering project management and Microsoft Project training, which is aligned with the PMI's Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). Walter also conducts process and project management assessments based on the Software Engineering Institute’s Capability Maturity Models.
Walter holds degrees in Mathematics from the John F. Kennedy (JFK) Lyceum, Rome, Italy and in Statistics from Rome University, Rome, Italy. He also earned a B.A. in Business from UH in Houston, Texas.
Here is a summary list of Walter's professional experience:
- Strategic business planning, business re-engineering, information systems planning, portfolio management, process and project management, as well as process and project management SEI CMM/CMMI- and OPM3-based assessments, project Management Office (PMO) implementation and JAD session leading (approximately 4,500 hours of facilitation in the U.S., Europe and Asia in all phases of planning, application development, process redesign and problem solving).
- Software Quality Analyst certification from the Quality Assurance Institute (QAI) for several years
- Presented on several topics including strategic planning, application development strategies, and business re-engineering at several conferences, seminars, colleges, and universities since 1987.
- Published articles on business re-engineering and information technology issues
- Co-author of the recently published book titled “Accelerating Change with Organizational Project Management: The New Paradigm for Change."
CLICK HERE for schedule and Registration
$1987.00 (includes training, course materials, and parking)
$100 discount if you register at least 10 days before the scheduled start of the program
For additional information, please call 713-221-8032
or send an email to email@example.com