APPLICATION TO THE UHD MBA PROGRAM
October 8, 2018
How complicated is the MBA admissions process at UHD and what are the specific requirements? It's a fair question because exact admission elements and processes can vary significantly between MBA programs.
MBA TRADITIONAL PROCESS
Step 1: Complete an online application and submit the application fee at
Step 2: Submit the following items to:
UHD Office of Graduate and International Admissions
One Main Street
Suite GSB 308
Houston TX 77002
- Official transcripts(s) from
all Institutions attended post-secondary;
all documents must be received from the degree/credit granting institution. Evaluations from foreign institutions must include a course by course evaluation with GPA indication.
- Official GMAT score report, or copy of scheduled test date (The test date is for informational purposes only. Your application will not be forwarded to the MBA Admissions Committee until UHD receives your actual scores).
- Official TOEFL score report if you graduated from a University where English is not the native language. Minimum score needed is 81 for IBT (TOEFL) and 6.5 for the IELTS exam.
Step 3: Submit the following documents in .pdf file format to:
- Two letters of recommendation from professional references.
Download the Professional Reference Form here.
- A personal statement about why you are pursuing an MBA degree. The statement should not exceed 250 words.
- Your résumé.
MBA "SOFT-START" PROCESS
A student may also elect to enter UHD's MBA program through the unique "soft-start" process. Students who wish to pursue the "soft-start" option to the MBA program simply complete the MBA TRADITIONAL PROCESS steps above but may bypass two of the listed items: (1) the GMAT requirement (Step 2 item b) and (2) professional references (Step 3 item a). The student may then begin classes in one of UHD's concentrations or certificate programs and after successful completion, may then enter the MBA program directly.
Deadline for applying for
Spring 2019 is
December 15, 2018. Any applications received after this date will be considered for
Fall 2019 unless you request special consideration. You may contact the MBA office at 713-221-8252 or email
To learn more about UHD's MBA program prior to applying, you are strongly encouraged to attend one of UHD's
MBA Information Sessions and learn more about the many positive attributes of Houston's largest, best valued and highest rated student satisfaction MBA program.