Houston, the 4th largest city in the United States, is considered one of the most welcoming toward international students. According to the City of Houston Website, more than 90 languages are spoken throughout the city and 92 countries have consular offices in Houston. Additionally, if Houston was an independent nation, it would rank as the world's 30th largest economy.
Here at UHD MBA we value international students and go to great lengths to help them achieve their goals. Our international MBA students are diverse and we are very appreciative of their backgrounds and contributions to our winning MBA program.
The Largest and Best Valued MBA Program in the Houston Area Offers the Following Distinct Benefits:
- UHD MBA is AACSB Accredited: Only 5% of the 13,000 business programs around the world hold this prestigious accreditation. UHD MBA has the highest cost-benefit utility for students looking for an AACSB accredited MBA given its low cost and the high value accreditation. Additionally, UHD students enjoy Houston's low cost of living compared to other US cities
- Modern and Corporate Driven Curriculum: Recently developed with direct input of executives, leaders and specialists from various corporations. This curriculum will propel your personal and career growths and will open up opportunities in the US and the rest of the world
- Team Teaching: An experienced specialist from the corporate world and a dedicated faculty member work together in and outside the classroom to give our students the needed theoretical foundations as well as a US and a global practical perceptive
- Flipped Hybrid Classroom: Our class lectures are recorded and made available ahead of the scheduled classes which allows for a richer interaction and learning between the teaching team and the students. UHD MBA hybrid format classes are in compliance with USCIS rules required for international students to maintain their F1 status. These classes are offered at our state of the art location, conveniently located in the heart of downtown where public transportation is available through several METRO bus routes and the METRO Rail line
- Diverse Concentrations: All of UHD MBA concentrations draw on industry needs, giving UHD MBA graduates the highest opportunities in the job market after graduation. Additionally, International MBA candidates have a variety of concentrations to choose from:
- GMAT Waiver: The UHD MBA Admissions Committee will consider, on a case-by-case basis, GMAT waiver requests from applicants who have completed an advanced degree (e.g. masters or higher), have an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher, 3.5 GPA or higher in their last 60 hours or have already taken a GRE/LSAT/MCAT exam at least six months prior to applying to the UHD MBA program
- UHD Career Services: The business career center offers international students a wide range of services including resume reviews, mock interviews, and meet the industry events. These services will help in acquiring internships, Optional Practical Training (OPT) in a related field, and/or full time job opportunities.
- Dedicated Staff and Faculty: Multilingual and diverse MBA staff and faculty which mirrors UHD MBA classroom diversity and makes every student feel at home. Many faculty members have global experiences and connections that, when combined with their passion for teaching, enable MBA students to grasp and gain the skills required to lead organizations.
Feel free to get in touch with us with any questions about our programs or about our application process. Please contact the MBA office at 713-221-8252 or email MDCOBGradAdvising@uhd.edu.
To apply for our program and for more information about the admission process please visit our International MBA Admission page.