Apply for a Scholarship
The Marilyn Davies College of Business 2020-21 Scholarship Application is now open.
Priority Deadline 11:59 p.m., Sunday, May 24, 2020
Application Open Dates: April 13, 2020 – December 6, 2020
COMPLETE THE FAFSA (or TASFA)
Many scholarship criteria require that students demonstrate financial need. MDCOB students are strongly encouraged to complete a FAFSA (or TASFA) in addition to the scholarship application in order to demonstrate financial need. U.S. citizens and permanent residents can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Students who are classified as a Texas Resident but cannot apply for federal financial aid using the FAFSA are encouraged to complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) at www.CollegeForAllTexans.com.
COMPLETE THE MDCOB SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The application only needs to be submitted once per academic year (Fall/Spring/Summer). Your cumulative GPA, declared major(s), attempted/passed hours, and financial aid information is automatically updated for you throughout the academic year. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you enter your gatormail address correctly in the application, as this is the unique identifier we will use to gather your student data.
Scholarships are awarded to students in every major and every classification and are usually awarded based on merit or financial need, or a combination of both. International students are encouraged to apply as well. We recommend you review our Available Scholarships along with the corresponding criteria before you apply. Once you submit an application, you will be considered for EVERY scholarship for which you qualify.
Items you need to prepare ahead of time to upload to your application (preferably in PDF format):
- Two (2) reference letters (at least one from a UHD professor).
- Personal statement (500 words or less) of "why should you be considered for a scholarship?"
- Completed Program Guide for your primary major.
- download the Program Guide (fillable pdf)
- for the classes you have already completed, enter the grade received
- for the classes you have yet to complete, enter the term in which you plan to take the course (this is not binding - we want to have an idea of your intended progress to degree)
- for graduate students, this is the Sequence Guide provided by your advisor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need another copy.
Most scholarships are awarded in May for the upcoming academic year, but the Committee continues to award scholarships throughout the year as long as there are funds available or new scholarships established. Awards are applied directly to the recipient’s student account by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Questions? MDCOB students with application questions should direct them to the MDCOB Dean’s office at 713-221-8017 or email@example.com.