The AACSB accredited Davies College of Business provides reality-based education that enables a diverse* student body to advance intellectually, professionally, and financially. We create student-focused learning environments and engage in predominantly applied research that contributes to educational excellence, and business and industry practices.
*Diversity at UHD includes demographic factors such as ethnicity, race, and age. In addition, there is diversity in the quality of their academic preparation since approximately 85% of the students transfer from another institution.
- Professionalism: the high standard expected from individuals who are well trained in a particular area of expertise that includes respect for another's commitment to the common purpose and ability to work toward it.
- Commitment: the willingness and aspiration to make efficient use of available resources in order to achieve common goals.
- Inclusive: tolerance of different points of view and actively eliciting and objectively evaluating input from all stakeholders to reach a shared outcome.
- Innovative: the skills and ability to produce new ideas and practices or improve existing ones.
- Transparency: the willingness to openly share and timely communicate decisions, policies and practices.
- Integrity: the quality of being honest, having strong moral principles, holding oneself accountable, and the belief that others will do the same.