UHD Police Department patrols the campus 24 hours a day. Parking violators may receive a university citation, a warning citation, a city of Houston citation, or Harris County citation. The registered permit holder is responsible for any citations issued to the permit.
Yellow Police call boxes are located near all entrances/exits to all buildings on campus, at the entrance/exit to parking garages and all satellite parking areas. Police call boxes are also located in all elevators.
Police Escort Assistance is available to ensure the safety of all students, faculty and staff as they walk to their vehicle. To request an escort to your vehicle, contact the police dispatcher via any call box. You may also contact UHD Police directly using the non-emergency number 713-221-8065. Based on availability either a UHD Parking Enforcement Officer or Police Officer will escort you to your vehicle. The campus community is encouraged to use the UHD shuttle service. The shuttle operates from 6:30am-10:30pm, Monday-Thursday and 6:30am-6:00pm on Friday.
A partial listing of violations:
- Parking in a non-designated area
- Parking permit not properly displayed
- Falsifying, reproducing or altering a permit
- Parking in a no parking zone
- Unauthorized parking in a reserved, handicapped, restricted or visitor parking area
- Obstructing traffic, street, sidewalk, crosswalk, driveways, trash containers and building entrances and/or exits
- Parking in service drives or access drives leading into parking areas
- Parking in a striped zone
- Parking a vehicle with any part thereof extending across a line which serves as a boundary of a parking space or parking area such that parking of other vehicles is impaired or where such parking creates a potential hazard
- Parking without a valid permit
- Parking in a tow-away zone
- Other violations as defined on the face of the citation(s)
A full listing of violations can be found in
UHD Traffic and Parking Policy Statement 01.B.01.