- About UHD
- Distance Education
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
The following page is a blank template with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search UHD function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains all required links, contact and emergency information.
Looking for Student Support?
Below are instructions that explain how to use the Mail tool to communicate with your students.
NOTE: Emails created within Blackboard Vista are internal to Blackboard only. Students MUST be reminded to check their Blackboard Vista email.
1. You should be logged into Blackboard Vista. If you need login instructions please visit Step 1.
2. Make sure you are in the Teach tab.
3. On the left-hand menu, click the Mail button.
4. Click the Create Message button.
5. In the dialog box that appears, click the Browse for Recipients button.
6. Another dialog box will appear containing everyone who is enrolled in your course.
Select the To check-box beside the recipient you wish to receive your mail message.
7. Click Save.
8. Type in a Subject and your Message.
9. As shown in the above screen shot, you may click the Add Attachments button if you wish to add an attachment to your mail message.
10. If you chose to add an attachment, a dialog box will pop up. Click My Computer to find your file.
11. A navigation window will appear, allowing you to search through your computer. Click the desired file, and click Open.
The document is now attached to your mail message.
12. When you are ready to deliver your message, click the Send button.
1. On the left-hand menu, click the Mail button.
Note: In the "Mail: Inbox" area, you will see a list of emails. The bolded messages are ones you have not read yet.
2. Click the subject line of the message you wish to read.
3. If the message has attached files and you wish to save them to your computer:
a. Click View Attachments.
b. Select each attachment. If you wish to save multiple attachments in separate folders, you must save each attachment separately.
c. When you are finished reading the message, click Close this window.
1. In the left-hand menu, click the Mail button.
2. Click the subject line of the message you wish to reply to.
3. To reply to the sender, click Reply.
Note: To reply to the sender and all recipients of the message, click Reply to All.
4. Click the Browse for Recipients button.
Hint: Remember that steps 5-7 above (from the "Create an Email within Your Course" section) assist you in choosing the recipients of your message.
5. As in step 8 above (from the "Create an Email within Your Course" section), enter your reply in the Message body field and click Send.
Congratulations! You have completed your journey to creating a virtual classroom.
Please visit the Blackboard Support page for any additional questions.
Page maintained by email@example.com
Last updated or reviewed on 9/11/09