Academic Guidelines for Faculty
In an effort to continue to provide UHD faculty with quality service the following guidelines are provided to ensure our mission to provide a premier testing experience
- Effective Spring 2014 the Office of Testing Services offers proctoring services for fully is reserved only for fully online courses beginning Spring 2014. All face to face classes will continue to be responsible for administering their quizzes, tests and finals.
- The Office of Testing Services requires at least a 2-day test window for all tests administered by Testing Services. Faculty should set the exam to expire at midnight on the last day of the test window.
- To request UHD test proctoring instructors must complete a Faculty Exam Request Form prior to the start of the semester with their up-to-date class roster and any additional materials or instructions attached.
- In the case the Office of Testing Services is unexpectedly closed (e.g. due to bad weather, power failure and etc.) the test will need to be rescheduled and testing services will consult with the faculty.
- Students must make an appointment for testing at www.registerblast.com/uhd/exam
- Students are to be advised of the Office of Testing Services Academic Testing Guidelines for UHD Students, testing time options, and ID requirements prior to scheduling their test. Students will need to provide scantrons, bluebooks, calculators, etc. if you require them for testing. Testing Services will provide scratch paper and pencils.
- Cellular phones and any other electronic devices are not allowed in the test room. All electronic devices will need to be turned off and surrendered to testing personnel prior to the student entering the test room.
- Paper and pencil exams must be delivered to testing services and sufficient copies provided to testing personnel.
- Completed tests will not be released to any other department personnel unless stated on Faculty Exam Request Form.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser will be required for most Blackboard tests.
- The Office of Testing Services does not have the equipment to score tests. Faculty will need to make other scoring arrangements.
- At this time we are unable to administer make-up tests. Faculty will need to make appropriate arrangements to assist the students who missed the proctored test.
- The Office of Testing Services will issue a statement in writing of any concerns or academic dishonesty occurred on an Academic Testing Irregularity Form.
- If any problems, questions or concerns arise the instructor should contact the Director of Testing Service Dr. Shakila Farmer at 713-221-8027 or by email at FarmerS@UHD.edu.
Page maintained by Office of Student Affairs
Last updated or reviewed on 6/16/14