Interlibrary Loan Lending Policy (effective January 19, 2010)
UHD will lend all materials and formats except the following:
- Reference materials
- Reserve materials
- Special collections
- Rare or poor condition materials
- Computer software
- Bound periodicals
- Unbound periodicals
- Will lend microfilm and microfiche
- Maximum of four reels of microfilm or 100 sheets of microfiche at a time per institution.
- Will lend CDs, DVDs, and videos on a title by title basis
Lending Exceptions to UH System Libraries
- Will lend periodicals and audio-visual material on a case-by-case basis to UH and UHCL.
- Loan periods for these materials will vary.
- 4 weeks with one two-week renewal.
- Submit renewal requests no more than two business days before due date. Subject to recall.
- Libraries that routinely keep materials beyond the 4 week loan period may be denied further loans.
- Loans: Free
- Photocopies: Free
- No overdue fines will be charged.
- Replacement/processing charge: Libraries that fail to return material within one month of its due date will be billed at full replacement cost of the material and a $10 processing fee will be charged. ($10 processing fee is waived for TexShare members.)
- Libraries with outstanding charges will be denied service until the record is clear.
- Send invoice. UHD is IFM.
- Will send an invoice to libraries that retain material beyond 30 days for the full replacement cost, including processing fees.
- Replacement copies of material must be cleared before being sent and accepted. Copies sent without approval may be sent back.
- Refunds may be given for items returned after an invoice is paid. Refunds will not be considered after 30 days from payment date. Materials found after that point remain the property of the borrower.
Packing Requirements for Mailing
Service Suspended During Christmas Holidays
- Service suspended from approximately December 23 through January 2.
Loans to Foreign Countries
- All ILL requests that are received by 8 a.m. are researched the same day.
University of Houston - Downtown
Interlibrary Loan Services
W. I. Dykes Library
One Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
OCLC symbol: THD
Lending, Borrowing & Billing
Interlibrary Loan & Distance Education Librarian
Back to: Interlibrary Loan
W.I. Dykes Library • University of Houston-Downtown
One Main Street • Houston, Texas 77002
Information 713-221-8187 • Circulation 713-221-8186
Page maintained by UHD Library Webmaster
Last updated or reviewed on 12/13/12