Skip navigation

Migrant/Foreign Students

HB 1403/SB1528

Texas law allows certain non-US citizen undergraduate students to be classified as Texas residents for admissions and financial aid purposes. The financial aid office can award state and/or institutional financial aid to these students. If you think you fall within this category, please follow the application process below.


Apply for
Admission at UHD

Complete Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA)
Register for Selective Service (males only)



Apply for






  • Submit printed application to the financial aid office
  • Be sure to include all requested documentation, including you and your parent's tax returns and W-2s for the previous year.
  • Download the form and view instructions here.

Register for Selective


  • Males between the ages of 18 and 25 are required to register for Selective Service.


  • Keep a copy of your registration in case we need to verify that you registered



In two to four weeks we will email you a detailed award letter that lists your eligibility and awards. Please apply early- priority deadline is April 1!

CAL Loan (College Access Loan)
Students who do not receive grants or other institutional aid may apply for a loan offered by the state of Texas. This loan requires students to meet certain qualifications and complete a separate application process. More information is available at


Page maintained by SSEM

Last updated or reviewed on 11/19/13

   Click here to print this page

Find us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   Read Skyline   Join us on LinkedIn   News RSS   Events RSS