Skip navigation

International Students

Most foreign citizens are not eligible for federal student aid. There are, however, some instances in which non-citizens may be eligible for financial aid from the Institution on a limited basis.

To be considered for institutional financial aid complete the International Student Application. Pending the availability of funds, if you are approved you will receive notification by gatormail of your eligibility.


Be sure you have the following documentation attached when submitting your application:

  • Copy of the sponsorship affidavit from the UHD International Admissions Office.
  • Request a letter from your sponsor indicating why he/she cannot provide the necessary support to you.


The letter must be mailed directly from the sponsor to our office. The letter should include:

  1. your name
  2. your student id number
  3. why your sponsor cannot continue to support you. The sponsor must be specific as to what changes have occurred that prohibit continued financial sponsorship.
  4. The letter must be notarized.
  5. The letter must be in English or have an English translation included with the letter.

For more information regarding international studies at UHD please visit our International Admission web site.




Page maintained by SSEM

Last updated or reviewed on 11/19/13

   Click here to print this page

Find us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   Read Skyline   Join us on LinkedIn   News RSS   Events RSS