Responsibilites and Duties
The Staff Council consists of members who are elected by a vote of all eligible staff members to serve a two-year term. Elections are conducted for a period of one week period in June to be determined annually by the Staff Council, with all election procedures concluded by July 1.
The Staff Council shall represent the staff interests of the University of Houston-Downtown and shall be responsible for the following:
- Nominating staff members to serve on university-wide committees.
- Appointing standing committees and ad hoc committees as determined by a majority of the Staff Council.
- Preparing and submitting an annual report to the President of the university.
- Coordinating annual Staff Council elections.
- Preparing and submitting to the President of the university proposals and position papers on staff concerns as determined by a majority of the Staff Council.
- Recommending staff development programs on topics relative to and approved by a Staff Council majority.
- Having one representative on the University Academic Affairs Council.
- Providing collaboration on governance issues.
- Conducting a minimum of two (2) general staff meetings per year.
Page maintained by Staff Council
Last updated or reviewed on 1/31/12