Campus Programs for Minors - Conducted by UHD...
...is a program that is categorized by the following:
- The age of any of the participants is under 18 who is not enrolled at the University, and
- University of Houston Faculty, Staff, Students or Volunteers are responsible for the participants; and
- The length of the program is 2 days or more.
Steps required prior to any Campus Program for Minors conducted by a University Component:
- At least 21 days before the program occurs, the Program Operator will complete the Campus programs for Minors Spreadsheet indicating those individuals who will be working for the program.
- Over the next two weeks, the Program Operator must ensure that a Criminal Background check has been completed for each program employee and that each program employee has completed the Sexual Abuse and Child Molestation Training.
- To complete a Criminal Background check: complete a Security Sensitive Questionnaire and hand carry to ESO. Criminal Background checks must be done annually.
- To complete necessary Sexual Abuse and Child Molestation Training: Follow directions listed on the UHD Training Information Sheet. Sexual Abuse and Child Molestation Training is valid for two years.
- An email from ESO to the Program Operator will confirm when the Criminal Background check(s) has been completed and that program employees have successfully completed the Sexual Abuse and Child Molestation Training.
- At least 7 days before the program occurs, the Program Operator will complete the Department of State Health Services – Campus Program for Minors Information Form confirming that all program employees have completed the Sexual Abuse and Child Molesta tion Training. An electronic copy of this form should be sent to the Coordinator for Campus Programs for Minors.
- Once reviewed and submitted to the state, the Coordinator for Campus Programs for Minors will provide written approval to the Program Operator that the program has been approved to take place.
Forms needed to complete these tasks:
Campus Programs for Minors Spreadsheet
Security Sensitive Questionnaires (SSQ)
Department of State Health Services - Campus Program for Minors Information Form
UHS Training Information Sheet
Page maintained by Schererr@uhd.edu
Last updated or reviewed on 6/10/13