- About UHD
- Distance Education
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
The following page is a blank template with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search UHD function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains all required links, contact and emergency information.
Welcome to the Contract Compliance and Administration web site. This website has been designed to be user friendly and provide you with both the information and the documents needed for most of your contracting requirements.
Please note, contracts pertaining to Sponsored Research and/or intellectual property which are funded by grants or other external funding sources are processed by the University of Houston-Downtown Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.
A "contract" is an agreement between two or more parties that creates obligations that are enforceable or otherwise recognized by law. This includes, but is not limited to any document that has terms and conditions, leases, letters of agreement, memoranda of understanding, letters of intent and interagency of intra-system agreements.
A contract is required if the subject matter of the transaction involves:
A contract is not required if the purchase:
Policies or State of Texas law do not allow the following:
Policies and procedures require the following:
- Contracting on a retroactive basis
- Contracting with a current UHS employees or with individuals who have been employed by UHS within the past 12 months
- Contracting with a vendor who is "On Hold" with the State of Texas
- Your signature on a contract unless you have written authority from the President to sign UHD contracts
- OGC approval of all contracts (See note below)
- Contracts signed by a UHD signatory whose has been authorized in writing by the President to sign contracts for UHD
- Full execution of the contract prior to performing any work under the contract
Note: Contracts on this website have been approved and can be filled out and fully executed without further review. Attachments to the contracts on this web site can detail the scope of work, price and time period; however, the addition of any terms and conditions will require OGC review of the entire packages.
Contracts that originate from the vendor will be processed through the Contract Administration Office.
Facsimile contracts should only be executed in certain limited situations to allow the performance of the contract to begin. If the contract is executed via fax:
The contracting package is not complete until an original signature contract, with the correct signatories and the correct signature dates has been received by the Contract Administration Office.
Page maintained by email@example.com
Last updated or reviewed on 5/6/14