- About UHD
- Distance Education
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
The Message Tool allows you to send messages to other members of your course. You can address mail to individuals, to the entire class, to your instructor, or to groups of students. Although similar to email, users must be logged into Blackboard to read and send Messages.
NOTE: Messages created within Blackboard Learn are internal to Blackboard only. Please remember to check Blackboard Learn Messages for each of your classes periodically.
1. You should be logged into Blackboard Learn. If you need login instructions please visit Step 1.
2. From the Tools Page, click Messages. (You may also see a messages area in your Course Tools Menu.)
3. Click the Create Message.
4. Select the Recipients using the To, Cc, and Bcc buttons.
5. A list of enrolled course members will be displayed.
6. Select your intended recipient(s) from the Items to Select section and use the right arrow key to move them to the Selected Items section. If you would like to change the recipient(s), you may Select All, and then Invert Selection.
7. Type in a Subject. In the Body area, type your message.
8. If you need to upload an attachment, click on the Browse button.
9. Select the file you wish to attach and then click Open
10. Click Submit to send your Message.
The Messages Area has two Folders, Inbox and Sent.
Congratulations! You have completed your journey to navigating a virtual classroom.
Please visit the Academic Computing Lab page for any additional questions.
Page maintained by email@example.com
Last updated or reviewed on 1/13/12