- About UHD
- Distance Education
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
The Message Tool allows you to send messages to other members of your course. You can address mail to individuals, to the entire class, or to groups of students. Although similar to email, users must be logged into Blackboard to read and send Messages.
NOTE: Messages created within Blackboard Learn are internal to Blackboard only. There is currently no indicator for new messages outside of the messages inbox, so please remember to check Blackboard Learn Messages for each of your classes regularly. For a video version of the information contained here, please visit the Blackboard OnDemand Learning Center Tutorial - Sending Blackboard Messages.
1. You should be logged into Blackboard Learn. If you need login instructions please visit Step 1.
2. From the Course Tools Menu, click Messages.
3. Click the Create Message from within the Messages window.
4. Select the Recipients using the To, Cc, and Bcc buttons.
5. A list of enrolled course members will be displayed.
6. Select your intended recipient(s) from the Items to Select section and use the right arrow key to move them to the Selected Items section. If you would like to change the recipient(s), you may Select All, and then Invert Selection.
7. Type in a Subject. In the Body area, type your message.
8. If you need to upload an attachment, click on the Browse button.
9. Select the file you wish to attach and then click Open
10. Click Submit to send your Message.
The Messages Area has two Folders, Inbox and Sent.
Congratulations! You have completed your journey to navigating a virtual classroom.
Please visit the Blackboard Training page for any additional questions.
Page maintained by UHD Blackboard Support
Last updated or reviewed on 12/16/11