The University of Houston-Downtown's literary and visual arts magazine is now accepting submissions for the Fall 2014 issue. Deadline for receipt of submissions is Friday, October 10. Submissions should comply with the following guidelines in order to be considered for review.
- Poetry: 3 to 5 poems up to 2,000 words
- Prose (short stories): up to 2,500 words
- Non-Critical Essays: up to 2,000 words
- Visual Art: Must be submitted electronically with minimum 600x 600px 300dpi.
- Entries should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call (713) 221-8260 before sending
large graphics files. We prefer not to accept simultaneous submissions.
- In the subject of the e-mail, please include your full name as you want it to appear in the magazine and the name of the genre for the work enclosed. For example, "Sam Sample - Poetry."
- The body of the e-mail should only include your full name as you want it to appear in the magazine, your e-mail address, and your phone number. For example:
- Before attaching your file to the e-mail, make sure the file is an MS-Word (poetry, prose, and essays only) document saved under your first and last name along with the genre for the piece. For example, "Sam Sample - Poetry.docx"
- Each attachment should only include one work. For example, if you are submitting four poems, each of the poems should be saved in its own file. Therefore, the e-mail would include four MS-Word attachments, one for each poem submitted.
- The header of the MS-Word document should include your full name, your e-mail address, and your phone number. For example, "Sam Sample; email@example.com; (555) 555-5555."
- All questions regarding submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page maintained by The Bayou Review
Last updated or reviewed on 9/22/14