Open House guests can park beginning on the second floor of the faculty/staff parking garage located off of Girard Street. The entrance to Visitor Parking must be made off of Girard Street at the northwest corner of the campus. The Faculty/Staff Main Street Garage is located adjacent to the One Main and Academic Building. Parking attendants will be located around the garage to assist and answer questions.
- Coming from the west on I-10 (Katy Freeway), take the Downtown/Smith Street exit, turn left on Preston (the first legal left turn), then turn left on Travis Street.
- Coming from the north on US-59 (Eastex Freeway), exit to I-10 West/San Antonio and stay in the far right lane. This will be the lane for the Downtown/San Jacinto exit. Follow the access road to Main Street.
- Coming from the south on US-59 (Southwest Freeway), exit to I-10 West/San Antonio and stay in the far right lane. This will be the lane for the Downtown/San Jacinto exit. Follow the access road to Main Street.
- Coming from the north on I-45 (North Freeway), take the I-10 East/Downtown/Milam Street exit and stay in the left lane, then turn left onto Commerce, which intersects with both Travis and Main Streets.
- Coming from the south on I-45 (Gulf Freeway), exit on Houston Ave./Memorial, turn right to reach Rusk, follow Rusk to Travis and turn left.
- Coming from either Memorial Drive or Allen Parkway, follow either street into downtown Houston, then turn left on Travis or Main Streets.
Page maintained by SSEM
Last updated or reviewed on 3/24/09