Department of Computer Science & Engineering Technology
Control and Instrumentation Engineering Technology - Program Objectives and Outcomes
CIET Program Educational Objectives
The Control and Instrumentation Engineering Technology (CIET) program focuses on the application of electronics and computer technology to instrumentation, industrial automation, and process control systems. CIET program prepares graduates who.
- Have a sound knowledge base and skill sets to develop and expand professional careers in fields related
to measurement and instrumentation technologies, process modeling and simulation, computer-based control systems, and industrial processes automation;
- Are well-rounded individuals with strong personal skills, competent in communication and presentation, able to work in team environments, and possess a strong sense of professionalism;
- Have an aptitude for engineering applications and are immediately productive in the workplace after graduation; and
- Are committed to professional development and lifelong learning.
CIET Program Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will have an appropriate mastery of the knowledge in electronics, computer technology, data communication,
instrumentation and control systems.
- Graduates will be able to apply mathematics as the tool and the concepts of chemistry, physics, and electricity for
problem formulation and solutions.
- Graduates will be competent in computer applications and be able to develop applications programs for modeling,
simulation, instrumentation, and control of engineering systems.
- Graduates will be able to solve open-ended technical problems and be proficient in the analysis, design, test, and
implementation of instrumentation and control systems utilizing appropriate software and hardware
tools and devices.
- Graduates will be able to effectively communicate technical information and details verbally and in writing.
- Graduates will conduct, analyze, and interpret experimental results to improve process.
- Graduates will be able to conduct information searching and processing and develop the ability for lifetime-learning.
- Graduates will be able to plan and execute project work to achieve the expected goals.
- Graduates will be able to communicate and function effectively and positively in team settings.
- Graduates will be able to appreciate ethnic, cultural, and religious diversity.
- Graduates will be able to understand the value and role of professional organizations as resources for technical information and career direction, be active in networking and community involvements.
- Graduates will be able to understand and uphold professional, ethical, and social responsibilities.
- Graduates will:
- Engage in continuous improvements and self-evaluation;
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality; and
- Demonstrate the ability to complete work in a timely manner.
Page maintained by
CST Web Support Technician
Last updated or reviewed on 7/24/14