Your CPS Advisor:
- Get to know us in the CPS Advising Center.
- Our role is to:
- Ensure you understand your degree requirements.
- Maintain compliance with state and university policies.
- Help you go from UHD student to UHD alumnus.
- As a declared major you have the privilege to self-advise, however we strongly encourage you to meet with your CPS advisor at least once a semester. Your eDP (electronic degree plan) is only updated when you meet with an advisor so help us keep it current by visiting us every semester.
- Our CPS advisors, both faculty and professional staff, are knowledgeable in all major requirements and are able to assist all majors across CPS.
- To ensure a smooth advising session, confirm advisor availability by phoning 713-221-8906.
- You may also view the schedule posted on the CPS Advising Center door outside our office C420.
- Remember that we offer advising year round so you are welcome to come by at any time during the semester.
- Peak time for advising is typically 4-weeks before a semester starts so try to visit us during the middle of the semester to avoid the wait.
- Your academic folder is CPS property and may NOT be removed from the campus. We ask that you leave your folder with the CPS advisor you are meeting with at the time.
- You may request that your eDP (electronic Degree Plan) be emailed to you at any time. We ONLY email to your Gatormail, no exceptions.
Preparing for Graduation:
- Meet with a CPS advisor by the posted graduation deadline in order to apply.
- Ensure that your eDP is current and up to date reflecting all coursework.
- Pay the $50 application fee in the Cashier’s office and submit the Diploma Order Form to the Office of the Registrar.
Last updated or reviewed on 4/18/12