Applying for Graduation
Students planning to graduate from UHD with a CHSS major must file an electronic application for graduation. The mandatory $50 application fee is nonrefundable, so we urge students to meet with a CHSS advisor before submitting the application and fee. An advisor can assess whether the potential applicant is “on track” to graduate in a particular semester.
In order to successfully submit the online Universal Graduation Application, students must complete all seven (7) steps as listed below.
- Personal Information: Review your personal information and make any necessary updates (e.g. mail, phone and/or e-mail address).
- Survey: As a graduating senior, we ask that you take a few moments to reflect on your time at the University of Houston-Downtown. The information from your questionnaire responses will assist us in improving recruitment efforts, student services support, and event programming at the University of Houston-Downtown.
- Graduation Application: The application for graduation should be completed with the degree-granting college of your major. Confirm your current UHD course enrollment and any course enrollment(s) (e.g., a prior grade of "I" in a course, a non-UHD course) that would, to the best of your knowledge, enable you to complete your remaining degree requirements.
- Diploma Order Form: Review and update your personal information regarding name and mailing address. The name information will be displayed on your official university diploma.
- Commencement: Confirm if you plan to attend the upcoming commencement ceremony.
- Review: Review the information you are about to submit as your Application for Graduation.
- Payment: Provide payment information to cover the non-refundable $50 graduation fee
Application for graduation
To be successfully “certified for graduation” by CHSS, a student must have:
- declared his/her major;
- completed the degree plan for a CHSS major;
- a UHD grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher;
- a GPA of 2.0 or higher for those courses taken in his/her major;
- up-to-date transcripts from all other universities attended;
- taken his/her final 30 semester credit hours at UHD (per UHD policy);
- taken 18 semester credit hours at the upper level (3300 and above) at UHD.
Deadlines for CHSS majors to apply for graduation can be found on the academic calendar, under the Graduation Application Dates section. The deadlines for students planning to complete requirements in a Winter or May term are the same as for a student planning to complete in a Fall or Spring term, respectively. If an applicant does not complete the requirements for the degree in the current semester, s/he will not be refunded the $50 application fee and s/he must reapply for graduation.
Applicants will be notified of their graduation status via GatorMail.
Questions and appointments can be addressed to the CHSS Advising Center at (713) 221-8460 or email@example.com.
Visit the UHD graduation page for instructions.
Page maintained by CHSS Web Tech.
Last updated or reviewed on 11/1/13