Arts & Humanities > Communications Studies > Internships
The Point Group
Opportunity. Creativity. Contribution. It’s all part of interning at The Point Group, where you can gain invaluable, real-world Public Relations experience with personal fulfillment. We currently have an excellent opportunity for an intern to contribute right away. This is a non paid, part-time internship position with a preferred minimum of 5-10 hours per week.
Description of Internship
2014 Summer Internship: May 2014 – August 2014 OR 2014 Fall Internship: September 2014 – December 2014 for Public Relations Intern for The Point Group. Will report to David Fanucchi, Senior Account Executive.
- Providing a wide variety of skilled communications support to ensure that the highest quality of service is provided to our clients, all media, customers, staff and volunteers;
- Assisting with drafting and distributing articles, press releases, and media advisories written on deadline, and according to AP style;
- Interacting with local media, pitching stories and securing media attention as required;
- Assisting with the media relations and logistical coordination at events;
- Maintaining/updating a media database and tracking media impressions;
- Creating flyers and collateral material;
- Assisting with social media management, including but not limited to generating content, and monitoring accounts;
- Assisting with the development and design of marketing and support materials;
- Other duties as assigned
- Prefer for candidate to be a college junior/senior seeking degree in Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism.
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
- Experienced in using Microsoft programs such as Word, Power Point and Excel
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Please provide a resume and cover letter to:
David Fanucchi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Page maintained by CHSS Web Tech.
Last updated or reviewed on