Arts & Humanities > Communications Studies > Internships
Harris County Sheriff’s Office
Harris County Sheriff’s Office is seeking a talented graphics design intern to assist in creating marketing material and work on other design projects. Interns will be required to work a minimum of 12 hours a week for the duration of the non-paid internship. The intern will work closely with the digital media staff, but may be asked to assist on projects in other divisions within the organization. We are looking for a creative, self-starter type of individual who is able to work with deadlines and has a strong eye for design and details.
While the office location is downtown, some of the work may be done remotely. This is an unpaid internship. City badge and parking will be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create promotional material and other visual solutions for HCSO
- Design and production on HCSO projects including publications, brochures, direct mail,
posters, specialty advertising, invitations, outdoor campaigns, website graphics, etc.
- Communicate with outside print vendors, relaying specs on pricing, proofing and press-checks
- Assist with projects and coordinate necessary resources.
- Take part in multiple rounds of editing on any given project
- Assist in maintaining and establishing design department policies
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a college credit internship program, preferably pursuing a degree in graphic design/fine art
- Internship requires a minimum of 12 hours per week
- Must have an understanding of various printing methods and the steps by which digital artwork becomes a printed page
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite 6 working primarily in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of HTML and Flash a plus
- Superior attention to detail, especially under pressure of deadlines
- Capable of working on multiple design projects at a given time
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
- Successful at working in a team environment
- Excellent design sense and attention to detail
- Positive attitude toward colleagues and outside vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Page maintained by CHSS Web Tech.
Last updated or reviewed on