Arts & Humanities > Communications Studies > Internships
3401 Corder Street
Houston, TX 77021
About the Organization
Mission Statement- Angelle’s Project will address the critical needs of the underserved by providing services that facilitate reintegration into the community in an effort to promote self-sufficiency and build stronger families.
Vision Statement- To reduce poverty, crime and homelessness within Harris County and assist in re-establishing the deteriorating family unit in the South Union and Third Ward neighborhoods.
Values Statement- We are a nonprofit organization that has a genuine concern for our community’s state of well being. We propose to do whatever is necessary to equip our program participants to reintegrate back into the community as responsible citizens, making a valuable contribution to its restoration.
Spring Semester 2010
Schedules appointments, answers telephone, gives information to callers and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail: Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer.
Composes and types routine correspondence. Files correspondence and other records. Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate official and places outgoing calls. Schedules appointments for employer. Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and conducts visitors to employer or appropriate person. May make copies of correspondence or other printed matter, using copying or duplicating machine. May prepare outgoing mail, using postage-metering machine. May prepare notes, correspondence, and reports, using the computer.
Teacher Assistant Duties
- Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
- Distribute teaching materials such as textbooks, workbooks, papers, and pencils to students.
- Distribute tests and homework assignments, and collect them when they are completed.
- Grade homework and tests, and compute and record results, using answer sheets or electronic marking devices.
- Observe students' performance, and record relevant data to assess progress.
- Plan, prepare, and develop various teaching aids such as bibliographies, charts, and graphs.
- Prepare lesson outlines and plans in assigned subject areas, and submit outlines to teachers for review.
- Take class attendance, and maintain attendance records.
- Maintain computers in classrooms and laboratories, and assist students with hardware and software use.
- Operate and maintain audiovisual equipment.
- Type, file, and duplicate materials.
- Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
Event Planner Assistant
Creates, organizes, and assists in the supervision of every element of an event, meeting, or incentive for fundraising events and project initiatives for Angelle’s Project. They will report to the committee chair or executive director.
Public Relations/Marketing Assistant
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives from community, consumer, and public interest groups and with representatives from print and broadcast journalism.
- Will inform the general public, interest groups, and community stakeholders of Angelle’s Projects policies, activities, and accomplishments. Also keep management aware of public attitudes and concerns of the many groups and organizations with which they must deal.
- Prepare press releases and contact people in the media who might print or broadcast our material.
- Arrange and conduct programs to keep up contact between organization representatives and the public.
- Writing proposals for various projects.
- Attend community functions representing Angelle’s Project.
- Create and deliver presentations about Angelle’s Project.
Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
- This person is responsible for the recruitment, screening, training, and supervision of volunteers. This person reports to the Executive Director.
- Manage and participate in the goals, objectives, and policies effecting volunteers
- Create volunteer/intern job descriptions
- Recruit, qualify, and train volunteers
- Supervise, motivate, train and monitor performance of volunteers
- Consult with staff to determine organization needs for various volunteer services and plan for volunteer recruitment.
- Plan, assign and direct the work of volunteers: i.e. supplement staff; organize events; participate in fundraising, and other work as assigned
- Establish positive working relationships with staff members and volunteers; reconcile personnel problems.
- Maintain a database of volunteer workers and hours of work; prepare and present reports to staff; recommend necessary changes or adjustments to the volunteer program
- Communicate in a friendly and informative manner with people from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds and lifestyles
- Prepare clear and concise reports.
Contact Name and Number
Page maintained by CHSS Web Tech.
Last updated or reviewed on