Arts & Humanities > Communications Studies > Internships
Allied-THA Houston TX
4265 San Felipe Suite 1100
Houston, TX 77027
Position assists the execution of Houston promotions for major movie studios and other entertainment clients. Position start date is flexible, with the potential to stay on for additional semesters, depending on quality of work. The ability to work 2-3 days (partial or full, minimum of 10 hours) a week plus some evenings and weekends for special events is required. The internship is not paid hourly, but some events pay a one-time fee on a case by case basis. Applicants are not required to receive college credit although interns can receive credit for internship. Candidate must be a junior or high in academic standing.
Description of Internship
Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the promotions department in executing studio directives in the Houston area
- Developing local grass roots promotions to create word of mouth buzz for each film
- Researching and contacting potential partners and word of mouth groups for each movie
- Researching and composing copy for postings on social media sites for 43KIX.
- Brainstorming and executing movie-themed events
- Responsible for creating college focused marketing and promotional campaigns
- Helping with promotional item mailings and organizing/maintaining our promo item inventory
- Attending pre-release movie screenings and writing screening reports
- Attending a variety of promotional events including movie premieres, red carpet events, street team appearances and talent appearances to represent Allied and our Houston office.
- Excellent overall communication (phone, e-mail, interpersonal, etc.) and writing (grammar, punctuation, etc.) skills
- Knowledge of Houston and the surrounding areas
- Flexible, resourceful and able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing and growing environment
- Detail-oriented and creative
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects with a sense of urgency while also maintaining priorities and focus
- Team-oriented and willing to help other staff with projects when necessary, but also possess the ability to work independently if needed
- Knowledge of social media including Twitter, Facebook, FourSquare, Word Press, etc. is a plus • Outgoing personality and sense of humor highly desirable!
- Must have a dependable means of transportation
- Previous promotional/event experience is preferred
Page maintained by CHSS Web Tech.
Last updated or reviewed on