accredited College of Business provides reality-based education
that enables a diverse* student body to advance
intellectually, professionally, and financially.
We create student-focused learning environments
and engage in predominantly applied research
that contributes to educational excellence,
and business and industry practices.
Professionalism: the high standard expected from individuals who are well trained in a particular area of expertise that includes respect for another's commitment to the common purpose and ability to work toward it.
- Commitment: the willingness and aspiration to make efficient use of available resources in order to achieve common goals.
- Inclusive: tolerance of different points of view and actively eliciting and objectively evaluating input from all stakeholders to reach a shared outcome.
- Innovative: the skills and ability to produce new ideas and practices or improve existing ones.
- Transparency: the willingness to openly share and timely communicate decisions, policies and practices.
- Integrity: the quality of being honest, having strong moral principles, holding oneself accountable, and the belief that others will do the same.
*Diversity at UHD includes demographic factors such as ethnicity, race, and age.The 2013-2014 UHD Fact Book contains information on our student body demographics and data. In addition, there is diversity in the quality of our students’ academic preparation, with approximately 85% having transferred from institutions across the U.S. and in 70 other countries.
Last updated or reviewed on 7/17/14